Excellence of Character Code
The Academy of Excellence strives to provide a quality education in a positive atmosphere. In order to accomplish this objective it is essential that principles from God’s Word are taught and observed by both students and staff.
One of the prerequisites for a successful life is self-discipline. This principle is learned by submitting to the authority of the home, school, and church. The expectations listed below are established in order to maintain order and provide guidelines for behavior that will contribute to the development of godly character. Our goal is to assist and partner with parents who are endeavoring to develop strong character in their children.
Students at the Academy will be expected to observe the following rules of conduct at all times, and in all places, on or off campus, including all school sponsored events.
1. I will endeavor to discover my God-given talents, develop those talents, and devote them to honoring God and building a better world.
2. I will show respect to all adults and submit to those in authority.
3. I will act in an orderly and respectful manner, maintaining Christian standards in courtesy, kindness, language, morality, and honesty.
4. I will strive toward unquestionable character in dress, conduct, attitude, and respect for authority.
5. I will show care and concern for others in my words and actions.
6. I will observe the dress code of the Academy of Excellence and will reflect Christian modesty and values in my appearance.
7. I will not engage in discussion about cheating, lying, stealing, or lewd behavior, nor will I participate in or tolerate such behavior.
8. I will refrain from the use of profanity, vulgarity, suggestive speech, sexually explicit language or any other type of writing, print material, innuendo, or conversation which is inappropriate for a Christian.
9. I will respect the property of the Academy of Excellence, staff, and fellow students.
10. I will not engage in the use or possession of tobacco, drugs, and/or alcoholic beverages.
11. I will not engage in any inappropriate public display of affection.
12. I will endeavor to cheerfully obey directions and cooperate with others.
Then this Daniel distinguished himself above the governors and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king gave thought to setting him over the whole realm.
Daniel 6:3 NKJ